Sunday, April 29, 2012

Websites

For our final, we were required to create a classroom website using Google Sites. My website, Ms. Burke's Math Classroom, contains various pages including a home page, about me, logic puzzles, technology projects, resources and a web 2.0 page.

I found this project to be rather helpful. It was interesting learning how to interact and create with another interface and I really liked it. I've found that most of Google's products are favorable to my needs and desires. I found it easy to create pages, link from one page to both another page and another website, add pictures, etc. My only complaint is that it took me a while to find the template designs. However, once I found them for the first time I found them rather easy to access subsequent times.

I think this is very useful in the classroom. Although it is not strictly math related, it will allow me to post homework assignments, in-class notes, calendar of events (both for the classroom and the school), link additional videos which students might find helpful, and various other things. I am excited to use these sites in my classroom and hope to maximize their potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment